Canoës Service proposes
Keep a good and unforgettable souvenir of your descent
- The area is great and seems to be made for this,
- The small details make the plus…
What is obligatory
- To be in a good physical condition,
- To know how to swim,
- To be older than 7 years.
- Old sneakers or watersandals (shoes which keep at the feet). For your security, avoid shoelaces.
- Swimsuit / swinning trunks and T-shirt (beware of sunburns).
- Cap, sunglasses, without forgetting the little string to attache them.
- Out of saison : Plan a linen pullover to wear directly on the skin and a windstopper + cloths for changing after the arrival.
- Wetsuits can be rent ( 6 € / day).
1-day-descent – what to think of
- The picinic for an unforgettable break,
- Sufficient water,
- Sun cream and a cap.
2-days-descent – What to think of
Do not pack unnecessary things!
- Complete spare clothes with warm clothes for the evening.
- Sleeping bag (possibly small “Canadian” tents).
- Food for your stay (no possibility for food supplies) for meals and breakfast.
- Stove with small saucepan.
- Sufficient water (1.5 liters / person / day minimum).
- Trash bags to let the Gorges clean. And a good gesture “Sorting”. Thank you !
- Small pharmacy (blows, bruises, insect bites, headaches …).
- Flashlight (there are no lights on the bivouac areas).
In any case, it must not be forgotten
- Clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Sun protection (hat, shirt, glasses + cord, sunscreen …).
- Windbreaker in spring and automn.
- Closed shoes that hold the foot (mandatory) for boating.
- Spare clothing for the end (descents 1 day) or evening at the bivouac (descent 2 days).
- Avoid carry rings, chains or other fragile or valuable items.