Ardeche Gorges are a nature reserve managed by a Management Union which defines rules on movement and behavior within the boundaries of the reserve. Camping is restricted and can only be done in designated areas.
Night in the Natural Reserve
If you choose to make a descent in 2 days in the Natural Reserve of Ardèche Gorges, it is obligatory to spend the night on one of the two authorized bivouac areas:
- The bivouac of Gaud: located in the third of the course. 350 persons.
- The camp Gournier: located halfway. 250 persons.
Bivouac area fittings
- Reception: guards Nature Reserve and seasonal staff.
- Sanitary toilets, showers, drinking water.
- 3 marabouts (= army tents with a capacity 15 places each). These military tents have no bed, no mattress, just a ground floor…
- Cozy tents (6 places). The canvas walls can be raised to take advantage of the evening freshness and the view of the outside while being protected by the integrated mosquito net. No beds or mattresses, PVC floor integrated into the tent.
- Tables, barbecues (charcoal provided).
- Help station.
- Warning: alcohol is prohibited on the bivouac areas.
- New: sale of coffee, tea and fruit juices.
The capacity of each camp is limited to 250 people per night (capacity increased to 500 people for 14 nights per year).
Therefore, it is necessary to book early in order to obtain bivouac tickets.
Your bivouac tickets
Reservations must be made by the participants or a group member.
You must book your bivouac tickets directly from the Tourism Office “Pont d’Arc Ardèche”.
You are immediately informed of availability.
+33 (0)4 75 88 00 41
Presentation of your bivouac ticket
The reservation confirmation is required to access the bivouac and rent a canoe.
Print it out or download it to your phone before you go.